Join Our Team
Job Title: Director of Programming & School Partnerships
Location: Detroit, MI
Open: November 3, 2022
About Black Male Educators Alliance
Black Male Educators Alliance (BMEA) exists to develop effective Black culturally responsive educators who cultivate learning partnerships and grow independent thinkers into change agents for their communities.
BMEA’s programming offers direct support and development to veteran, novice, and emerging teachers and leaders in the field of education to address the current inequities that exist for Black and Brown children nationwide. By tackling these issues that often demoralize and destroy the souls of children, our goal is to create a pipeline for youth to return and provoke change in an otherwise dysfunctional system.
BMEA Core Values: Integrity, Care/Love, Commitment, and Execution
Are you an educator committed to improving educational outcomes for Black and Brown youth? Join us at Black Male Educators Alliance, and together we will transform the landscape of education for every child.
The Director of Programming & Partnerships is responsible for all programmatic development and planning as well as partnership development and stewardship for Black Male Educators Alliance (BMEA). Program development involves creating and sustaining the programmatic vision, mission, strategies, framework, and content for workshops, fellowship sessions, conferences, and any additional BMEA-sponsored events. With respect to partnerships, their development, and stewardship, the expectation is that all are aligned with the mission and vision as outlined and defined by the Founder.
- Ensure all BMEA goals are actualized
- Support development and execution of grants and other funding revenue
- Assists with setting vision and direction for the organization.
- Assists with representing BMEA at conferences, advisory groups, media, etc
- Conducts research to develop and design content for all programmatic initiatives
- Develop and design content for BMEA Fellowships
- Assists with Proposal, Partnership Agreements Drafting
- Manages partnerships
- Facilitates programming sessions, conferences and/or BMEA-sponsored events
- Completes monthly and quarterly partnership reports
- Full-time competitive compensation package based on years of experience, certification, and degree completion
- 40-hours per week
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience in curriculum development, facilitation and professional development training
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (teaching, curriculum development, policy, education leadership, and/or management) Project Management, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline
- Masters Degree
- Teaching Certificate
- Experience in project management, program development, implementation, and facilitation
- Strong writing and presentation development abilities with a high level of attention to detail
- Self-starter, self-motivator, and organizer with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams (CEO-specific, programming, community outreach, communications, marketing, technology), and perform multiple, concurrent project work to achieve mission and organization goals
- Proactive contributor with a collaborative mindset and the ability to maintain internal relationships and strong external partnership relationships while creating consensus in support of shared outcomes
Scheduled Start Date: January 9, 2023
Interested applicants, please submit the following to:
- Compelling Cover Letter to Include:
- Why you are interested in applying for a position with Black Male Educators Alliance?
- What inspires you to do this work?
- What relevant qualifications would you bring to this role?
- A brief description of relevant work experience and achievements in the field of education
Black Male Educators Alliance (BMEA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, or any other status protected by law.